Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wheels and Weather

Last weekend my mom was able to come down and visit us. Since Miss M's birthday is coming up, she decided that she would give her her birthday present. Since the rest of the family has Razor scooters, she decided it was time for Miss M to graduate up to her own Razor.
Miss M LOVES pink, and I mean LOVES pink. So, she got a pink Barbie scooter, with the best part of all...(get ready for it) SPARKLE wheels!!!
I think she likes it!
She got to ride it around outside this weekend also.
We really lucked out on the weather over the weekend. So on Sunday, after church, we packed up a picnic and headed over to one of the rivers in our area.
The river was so soothing to listen to while we ate our lunch.
I can't wait to have more days like this so that we can have more picnics.
After eating, we decided that it was such a pretty day and we had to get lots of pics. Here are some.
My little boy isn't so little anymore. By the way, this was taken before we realized that there was a huge ant pile just to the right of his foot.
Family picture time. You just don't get much better than this.
Look at those eyes!

Well, I guess we have been properly introduced to southern Texas this week. Now that you've seen pictures of the beautiful day we had Sunday where the high was near 70 degrees. Take a look at pictures from Tuesday, where our high was 34 degrees and snowing!
This is what I walked out to find when I was headed to pick up the kids from school. It started out as rain and hail. Later the snow mixed in.
Check out the roof line where they meet up. See all of the hail and snow that has collected there and what is in the flower beds?
If you look closely you can see the snow falling.
And of course, we had to try to catch some snow on our tongue.

So, now you know what the weather in south Texas can look like. I hope your weather isn't too bad. I've heard that there is more snow out there this week. Be safe! 

No comments:

background